Friday, February 20, 2015

Tasting- Opera Prima Pink Moscato


Name: Opera Prima Pink Moscato
Variety: 97% Muscat, 3% Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: Not listed
Price: $10.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale) 

Shop Review: "A blend of Muscat 97% and Tempranillo 3%. This fine sparkling presents an intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flower petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on its own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts. Serve it very cold, between 7 and 9°." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I really liked this wine! I knew just from the name and the bottle that I was going to like it. I bought the last Opera Prima Moscato that we tasted, and I found this wine to be very similar to that. This wine was a bit bubbly, and it was definitely very fruity. I pulled some strawberry and lemon tastes from this wine. I also tasted a bit of a flowery flavor, which I would describe as either rosy or like gardenias. I would definitely purchase this wine in the future. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment