Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting- "Fontana Candida Frascati"

Name: Fontana Candida Frascati
Variety: Non- varietal white blend
Region: Latium
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $12.00 (Regular) $5.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "A blend of 60% Malvasia Bianca di Candia, 30% Trebbiano and 10% Malvasia del Lazio. This Frascati, made from grapes grown in volcanic soils near Rome and cold filtered, is a pale straw gold. On the nose it offers light-as-a-zephyr lemon and a hint of grass. On the tongue it is ultra crisp and delightfully flinty, its lemon and clementine flavors as smooth as old silk. At the end of a nice clean finish a dab of ripe pear takes a bow." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: This was my least favorite wine at the tasting this past Thursday. I found it to be extremely bitter and it left a terrible after taste in my mouth. I also found this wine to be a tiny bit drier than normal. I could definitely taste some citrus in this wine. Needless to say,  I would not purchase this wine for my own enjoyment. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment