Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting- "Foxhollow Cabernet Sauvignon"



Name: Foxhollow Cabernet Sauvignon

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "Rich and supple with juicy plum, blackberry and chocolate flavors and a pleasant sense of sweetness backed up by good acidity and moderate tannins. Offers early complexity and charm with real richness and depth. " - Vintage Wine Cellar

My Review: For a red wine, I thought this one was the best that I have tasted thus far. It was sweeter than most that I have tried. I definitely got a lot of the plum and blackberry accents from this wine. I was also able to clearly note the chocolate under hints. Overall, this wine was pretty tasty. However, I still do not think this is one that I would purchase for my own enjoyment.

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment