Friday, February 20, 2015

Tasting- Petrucco Ribolla Gialla


Name: Petrucco Ribolla Gialla 
Variety: 100% Ribolla Gialla
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $21.00 (Regular) $7.95 (Sale) 

Shop Review: "87 points –Wine Enthusiast: This well-priced Friulano would pair nicely with spicy Indian or Thai food thanks to the creaminess and richness of its mouthfeel. In addition, the wine offers a solid bouquet of peach and melon that would not compete with fragrant ingredients 100% Ribolla Gialla." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: I really liked this wine! I could both smell and taste the peach and melon in this wine, which is probably why I liked it so much. Although this wine was fruity, it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet. I thought that this wine had a very surprising spicy finish to it, but the texture of this wine was very soft at the same time. I thought that this wine was close to that of a buttery texture. I have never tried a Ribolla Gialla before this week, so I am glad I got to have that experience. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment