Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- Coastal Vines White Zinfandel


Name: Coastal Vines White Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95 

Shop Review: "This White Zinfandel has a beautiful pink salmon color and crisp acidity. The wine shows juicy fruit flavors of strawberry and cherry, with a tangy sweet finish. Pairs well with mild cheeses, crab cakes, and spicy Asian cuisine." - Vintage Wine Cellar

My Review: I really liked this wine, but this did not come as a surprise to me since I have liked other Zinfandels in the past. This wine had a melon taste to it with bursts of strawberry. This wine was very sweet and very fruity, and it is definitely something that I would buy in the future. I found this wine to be very refreshing, and I was glad to end the tasting with a wine that I really enjoyed since I was not fond of the majority of the wines that I tasted this week. I wasn't able to pair this wine with any foods while at the tasting, but I would be interested to try it with crab cakes like the shop review recommends.  

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment