Friday, February 20, 2015

Tasting- Cortenova Primativo


Name: Cortenova Primativo
Variety: 100% Zinfandel
Region: Puglia
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $10.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale) 

Shop Review: "Dark, ruby-red color with violet highlights. Intense and fragrant bouquet with a rich array of red and black fruit aromas and flavors. Harmonious and velvety on the palate. Great balance and structure. 100% Zinfandel" - Vintage Cellar

My Review: Again, I was not a fan of this wine. This wine was extremely spicy in my opinion, and it tasted a little bit like smoked wood. I personally did not taste any of the fruit flavors in this wine because I was so overwhelmed by a peppery spice. This wine was extremely bold, and I do not see this wine being a purchase of mine in the future. The red wines have failed me again!

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment