Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting- Foxhollow Chardonnay


Name: Foxhollow Chardonnay

Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "This Chardonnay’s aromas of tropical pineapple, crisp green apple and citrus are supported by underlying nuances of vanilla. The finish is smooth and creamy yet balanced with enough acidity to accentuate the vibrant fruit flavors with a hint of orange blossoms." - Vintage Wine Cellar


My Review: I liked this white wine during the tasting. I tasted a lot of tropical fruits in this wine, particularly the pineapple. During the tasting, I noted that the wine tasted a bit earthy to me. I think I was tasting the vanilla when I said that. Overall, this wine was not as bitter or dry as some of the others and I would give this wine a good rating. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment