Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- Santa Luz Sauvignon Blanc



Name: Santa Luz Sauvignon Blanc 

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Valle Central 
Country: Chile
Year: 2013
Price: $11.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "Like any good Sauvignon Blanc, this opens with oceanic aromas of citrus fruits, sea foam and minerality. In the mouth, it is juicy and stony, with washing acidity. Flavors of honeydew, lime and a nice grassiness finish firm, with good backbone. Drink this with salads, shellfish and ceviche." - Vintage Wine Cellar


My Review: I did not like this wine at all, and I am beginning to see a trend that I do not like Sauvignon Blanc wines. To me, this wine was so dry that it sucked all of the flavor right out of my mouth. I couldn't focus on anything else about the wine while I was drinking it because it was so extremely dry to me. I could sense some of the lime when I smelled the wine, but as I said before, this flavor did not stand out to me while tasting it. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment