Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- Riebeek Chenin Blanc



Name: Riebeek Chenin Blanc
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: Swartland 
Country: South Africa
Year: 2014
Price: $10.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "Fresh kiwifruit, green apple and almond notes bounce along, showing a flash of plantain on the friendly finish. Drink now." - Vintage Wine Cellar


My Review: This wine was kind of tart. To me, this wine both smelt and tasted like pears with a mix of green apple. At first I did not taste the kiwifruit in this wine, but now that I see that in the description, I can definitely see where they got that from. This wine was a tiny bit dry to me but it was still kind of sweet at the same time. I liked this wine, but it definitely was not my favorite. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment