Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tasting- Maipe Torrontes



Name: Maipe Torrontes
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Mendoza (Andean North West)

Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: "Spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body. Well balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish." - Vintage Wine Cellar

My Review: This wine tasted a tad bitter to me, but it was surprisingly tasty yet again. When I tasted this wine, I tasted more of the fruitiness than I tasted the floral accents. I pin pointed the white peaches and green apple right away. I thought this wine tasted more potent than some of the other wines I have had, and this wine was also very crisp. I would consider purchasing this wine in the future, but for now I will stick to my Moscato! 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment