Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tasting- San Elias Carmenere


Name: San Elias Carmenere
Variety: 100% Carmenere
Region: Valle Central
Country: Chile
Year: 2014
Price: $9.00 (Regular) $5.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "This medium-bodied red offers roasted plum, kirsch, sage and game notes, with light tannins supporting the spicy finish." - Vintage Wine Cellar


My Review: I thought that this red wine had a bit of a bite to it. While tasting this wine, I sensed some tastes of licorice or possibly chocolate. However, when I smelt the wine I picked up on the scent of plums. I haven't been able to find a red wine that I like yet, but this one wasn't too bad. I thought that this wine had a very interesting blend of tastes, but unfortunately this was not my favorite wine this week.   

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment