Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tasting- Hugl Grüner Veltliner


Name: Hugl Grüner Veltinliner
Variety: 100% Grüner Veltliner
Region: Niederösterreich
Country: Austria
Year: 2013
Price: $14.00 (Regular) $7.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "Wine Enthusiast – 89 points
"A fresh scent of green pears greets the nose. What follows comes in a light, crisp citrus vein, supported by a rounded mouthfeel. A refreshing wine for immediate drinking. - Anne Krebiehl, MW" - Vintage Wine Cellar

My Review: This wine tasted a tad bitter to me, but surprisingly tasty. I definitely got a huge sense of the pear in this wine. It both smelt and tasted very fruity. Overall, I liked this wine, but I do not think this would be a wine that I would purchase for my own enjoyment. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment