Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tasting- Resonata Nero D’Avola


Name: Resonata Nero D’Avola
Variety: Nero D’Avola
Region: Sicily

Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $14.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "The grapes are soft pressed and the juice is placed in stainless steel along with the skins for a maceration of 8 to 10 days with daily pumping over of the juice to extract more color and sweet tannins. Dense ruby red with violet reflections. Lush and ripe bouquet full of mulberries, blackberries and spice. Harmonious and well balanced with good berry fruit in a spicy background. Excellent with lamb, grilled and barbecued meats, dishes with olives or capers and seasoned cheeses." - Vintage Wine Cellar

My Review: This wine was AWFUL. I hope I never taste this wine again or anything remotely similar to it. This wine was so dry and so bitter. I don't think I have had a wine before that I could even compare to the crazy level of dryness that this wine was. This wine is definitely for all of those steak lovers out there because I do think it might pair well with that. Needless to say, I will never purchase this wine or anything like it for my own enjoyment.

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment