Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting- "B&G Chicken & Turkey Cotes du Rhone"




Name: B&G Chicken & Turkey Cotes du Rhone
Variety: Southern Rhone Red Blend
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $10.00 (Regular) $5.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "85 Points – Wine Enthusiast
A blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 20% Carignan. Deep red garnet color with purple highlights. Intense nose of morello cherry, tobacco and liquorice. Good structure on the palate with lots of fruits and a long fruity and spicy finish. A true delight." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: I am not typically a fan of red wine, but I found this one to be tolerable. It was definitely not as dry as some of the other ones that I have tasted, but there was still a bite to it. I would not personally purchase this wine because I didn't find it to be fruity enough. I could definitely taste the liquorice accents in this wine, which is probably one of the main reasons I was not a super fan. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Wine Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment