Friday, February 20, 2015

Tasting- Riebeek Cellars Shiraz


Name: Riebeek Cellars Shiraz
Variety: 100% Shiraz
Region: Swartland
Country: South Africa
Year: 2013
Price: $12.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale) 

Shop Review: "Often referred to as Shiraz Country, the Riebeek Valley is renowned for exceptional Shiraz wines. The Riebeek Shiraz is a lively rich wine, full bodied with a subdued smokiness on the nose and a pallet of ripe fruit and interesting spice." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I definitely was not a fan of this wine. This wine was very spicy, very dry, and very tart. Those tastes are amongst the things that I hate most about a wine, so I think it is safe to say that this was not the wine for me. I found this wine to have a smokey taste and scent to it, which made it very bold. I would not purchase this wine in the future, and I am still on the hunt for a red wine that I really love. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment