Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wine is my happy place. Whether it be a glass for myself after a stressful week or an entire bottle for a night on the town with my best girlfriends, wine is my go-to drink when I want to relieve a little bit of stress and just let loose. There is something so calming about a nice glass of wine that is unlike any other drink. I personally enjoy sweet white wines, and I typically play it safe and do not stray far from what I know. 

I first tried a taste of my Dad's wine when I was a teenager at one of our family holiday gatherings, and I remembering thinking that it was so bitter and it wasn't very fond of it. Little did I know that there were so many other wines out there, and I would eventually grow to love it. (I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing haha!) Once I came to college, I was exposed to many different varieties of wines and I knew that is when I realized that it was a match made in heaven.

I am so excited to learn all about wine in this course so that I can sound sophisticated from this point forward. I honestly don't know much about wine, and I would love to gain an overall knowledge so I don't look like a fool when I grow to be much older. Right now, my knowledge doesn't expand much further from knowing what I like and what I don't like. I have already enjoyed the lecture on the glassware and how to properly swirl, sniff, and taste a wine, and I am looking forward to future lectures that will give me a certain sophistication when I am at a vineyard, winery, or even just a family dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment