Friday, April 10, 2015

Tasting- Tres Ojos Garnacha Calatayud


Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha Calatayud 

Variety: 75% Garnacha, 15% Tempranillo 
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Shop Review: "88 points – Robert Parker The 2012 Tres Ojos Garnacha contains 15% Tempranillo (I wonder why), and unoaked cuvée of 200,000 bottles that matures in vat for at least seven months before bottling. What I tasted was a very honest, fresh and fruit-driven red with aromas of cherries, garrigue and thyme with a medium-bodied palate, some weight and tannins that would do better with food. This is a red that sells for a song." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I did not like this wine at all. I felt like this wine was extremely bold and it came on too strong with all of the flavors. From smelling it alone, I could sense the spices and herbs of this wine. When I tasted this wine, the cherry flavor was almost overwhelming and the herbal hints were not complimentary to the flavoring of this wine. I don't think I would ever consider purchasing this wine in the future. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment