Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tasting- Grande Resereve des Bastides Gaillac


Name: Grande Resereve des Bastides Gaillac 

Variety: 20% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% creamy Loin de l’Oeil, 30% Mauzac
Region: Gaillac
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $9.95

Shop Review: "A crisp and fruity blend featuring 20% of the herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc, 50% creamy Loin de l’Oeil and notes of fresh apple and crisp pear, plus a touch of herb from the 30% Mauzac. It has a bright feel, with a hint of mineral on the finish." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: This wine welt very fruity and it had a tad bit of yeast-like after smell once I took my nose out of the glass. I really liked this wine. It wasn't too complicated and it seemed like a very simple and very refreshing wine in my opinion. I primarily tasted the pear flavors of this wine. I also thought that this wine had a yeast-like finish to the taste. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment