Friday, April 10, 2015

Tasting- Terre di Poggio Laude Pecorino


Name: Terre di Poggio Laude Pecorino 
Variety: 100% Pecorino
Region: Terre di Chieti
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95 

Shop Review: "Bright and savory, this floral scented Pecorino offers juicy tropical fruit and lemon drop sensations accented by notes of mint and thyme. The ripe fruit is balanced by brisk acidity that leaves the palate feeling cleansed and refreshed." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I really liked this wine. The scents of this wine were extremely floral with hints of citrus and pineapple. I think the most floral accent that I pulled from this wine was something similar to lavender. Upon tasting this wine, I was also able to notice the herbal hints along with a taste of grapefruit. I thought this wine was very unique, and I really enjoyed it. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment