Friday, April 10, 2015

Tasting- Chateau Suau Bordeaux Rose


Name: Chateau Suau Bordeaux Rose 

Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $18.00 (Regular) $7.95 (Sale) 

Shop Review: "88 points - Stephen Tanzer 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Light, lurid pink.  Tangerine, raspberry and white pepper on the fragrant nose.  Juicy and focused in the mouth, offering zesty red berry flavors with a refreshingly bitter edge.  Closes clean and tight, with lingering spiciness and a touch of orange zest." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: Again, I really liked this wine. I found the peppery spice of this wine to be very surprising. I wasn't expecting this Rose to be spicy at all, so it was definitely unexpected. I really liked the fruity flavors of this wine, but it was also unexpectedly bitter. This wine really reminded me of a chocolate covered frozen cherry or a tangerine, and I liked that this wine was able to catch me be by surprise in so many different ways. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment