Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tasting- Becca Tovana


Name: Becca Tovana
Variety: Old Vine Garnacha
Region: Munebrega
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95

Shop Review: "Gnarled vines, grown without irrigation, are a mainstay of Spain’s winemaking tradition and produce small clusters of perfectly ripe Garnacha grapes. Aromas of blackberries, plums, and cherries fill the glass and develop into luscious flavors of black stone fruit. Long, supple tannins complete this extraordinary wine." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: This wine was very very dry. It tasted a little bit smokey with a hint of blackberry to it. The finish on this wine tasted almost like caramel or a chocolate to me. It also had a tiny hint of pepperiness to it, which made it unique. Overall, I thought that there were too many flavors going on in this wine, and it wasn't one of my favorites. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment