Friday, April 10, 2015

Tasting- Hahn Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling


Name: Hahn Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling 
Variety: 100% Riesling 
Region: Piesport
Country: Germany
Year: not listed
Price: $9.95

Shop Review: "This wine’s light, airy mouthfeel belies its sweetness and intensity of flavor. Honeyed pineapple aromas; similar flavors on the palate, adding gentle citrus notes toward the long, sweet finish." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: I was excited to taste this wine because I typically like Rieslings, and this wine did not let me down. I loved all of the fruity flavors to this wine both when smelling and tasting it. I primarily tasted a honey tropical fruit from this wine, and it was extremely refreshing. This wine also had a slight floral finish to it, which made this wine go down so smooth. I think this wine would be perfect for a summer night, and I would definitely consider purchasing it in the future. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment