Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tasting- Sean Minor Pinot Noir Rose Vin Gris



Name: Sean Minor Pinot Noir Rose Vin Gris
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Carneros, California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $20.00 (Regular) $8.95 (Sale)

Shop Review: "The Vin Gris is a bright and vibrant salmon color with cherry, strawberry, cranberry and ripe watermelon aromas on the nose.  On entry, the wine displays bright strawberry flavors. Throughout the mid-palate and finish, raspberry and cherry fruit characters are balanced with spicy and crisp acidity that linger creating a refreshing and lengthy finish." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: This wine smells very potent and like it had a higher alcohol content right away. I sensed a bit of fruitiness to this wine, but it was difficult to pull the flavors from it because this wine was kind of bland. The only really flavor that I could pull from this wine was that of a strawberry. Overall, I do not think that this would be a wine that I would purchase in the future because it tasted almost like it was watered down and then bottled. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment