Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tasting- Jam Jar


Name: Jam Jar
Variety: Moscato
Region: Westem Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2014
Price: $8.95

Shop Review: "This charming, easy-drinking Moscato offers flavors of peach, apricot, lychee and orange blossom. A lively jolt of acidity keeps it fresh and fruity. Fancy enough for a special occasion toast, yet sweet-natured enough to enjoy every day, our bright and cheerful sweet wines are sure to capture your heart." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: I really liked this wine and I actually ended up purchasing it. This wine obviously had a very fruity taste to it since it is a sweet white Moscato. I could taste some flavors of either strawberry mixed with a bit of pineapple and I also pulled the floral flavors from this wine that tasted a little bit like a peony. This wine was sweet, but it wasn't overwhelming because the floral flavors kind of balanced it out. This wine would be perfect for a spring day. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment