Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tasting- Dibon Cava


Name: Dibon Cava 
Variety: 25% Xarel-lo, 45% Macabeo, 30% Parellada 
Region: Catalonia
Country: Spain
Year: not listed
Price: $9.95

Shop Review: "88 points – Wine Enthusiast
Made from 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada, the nose offers regal yeast and richness, while the palate has complexity to prop up apple, citrus and grapefruit flavors. Solid from front to back, with health and freshness. Cava, Catalan sparkling wine, is made mostly in the regions of Penedes, and the capital of cava is Sant Sadurni d´Anoia. Dibon is located in Vilafranca del Penedes, aproximately 20 Km from Sant Sadurni. The Dibon vineyard is in the process of becoming fully organic. It consists of 75 hectares of trellised vines 1000 feet above the Mediterranean Sea. " - Vintage Cellar


My Review: I liked this wine, but it was a little more tart than I would prefer. There is only one way to describe this wine to me. Safe. With a light gold color and body, green apple and floral nose nothing stood out at first. The taste had a slightly bitter bite almost immediately, followed by the tingling effervescence and a grapefruit finish. Unless you’re a fan of grapefruit, I’d pass on this one.

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment