Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tasting- Tarima Blanco


Name: Tarima Blanco 
Variety: 70% mereseguera, 20% viura and 10% moscatel
Region: Alicante
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95

Shop Review: "(70% mereseguera, 20% viura and 10% moscatel):  Light yellow.  Perfumed aromas of Meyer lemon, melon and white flowers show good clarity and a hint of ginger.  Juicy, open-knit citrus fruit and peach flavors are firmed by a zesty mineral quality and a touch of white pepper.  The melon note repeats on the clinging but slightly warm finish." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine had a strong smell of lemons and citrus (maybe either an orange or a tangerine). It was very refreshing and light on the palate. When tasting this wine, it was very smooth but it definitely had a certain acidity to it that I wasn't too fond of. I didn't find anything about this wine to be extremely unique from anything I have tasted before. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment