Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tasting- Tarima Monastrell


Name: Tarima Monastrell
Variety: Monastrell
Region: Alicante
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $9.95

Shop Review: "90 pts, Stephen Tanzer. Bright purple.  High-pitched red and dark berry scents show good clarity and pick up a licorice nuance with air.  Tangy and focused on the palate, offering juicy black raspberry and spicecake flavors with an exotic touch of candied violet.  Closes spicy and long, with silky tannins building slowly and adding gentle grip.  This is a fantastic value." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine smelled very spicy and oaky right off the bat. I could taste some hints of cocoa in this wine, but there were so many flavors going on that it made it hard to distinguish one from another. I also thought that this wine had a certain oaky aspect to it. Overall, I wasn't a huge fan of this wine. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment