Friday, April 10, 2015

Tasting- Torre Castillo Cosecha Monastrell


Name: Torre Castillo Cosecha Monastrell

Variety: 100% Monastell
Region: Jumilla
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: "89 points - Stephen Tanzer 100% Monastrell, aged in American oak for four months. Bright ruby. Powerful, spicy aromas of dark berry preserves and lavender. Fleshy and round on the palate, offering spicy blackberry and blueberry flavors and gaining sweetness with air. Finishes smooth, long and slightly warm. " - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I was not the biggest fan of this wine. However, I could definitely pull the blueberry flavors from this wine and I found that to be very unique because I haven't tasted that flavor in a wine before. This wine both smelt and tasted very earthy to me. It reminded me a lot of the sediment of the earth, but it also had weird hints of vanilla and cherry. Overall, I wasn't a fan of this wine, but I think that it had a good balance of all of the different unique flavors. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment