Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tasting- Terre di Poggio Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Laude


Name: Terre di Poggio Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Laude
Variety: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Region: Abruzzo
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95 

Shop Review: "This opens with dark aromas of leather, tobacco, cured meat, plum and prune. It shows soft tannins and loads of dark fruit on the finish." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: This wine immediately smelt like it would be a sweeter red wine. The only flavors that I could really pull from this wine were that of cherry or plums. This wine was kind of dry but it wasn't too bitter. I didn't love this wine, but I would surprisingly consider purchasing this wine in the future if I needed a red wine for some sort of event that I host.

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment