Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Yellowtail Reserve Merlot


Name: Yellowtail Reserve Merlot
Variety: 100% Merlot
Region: South Eastern
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Price: $12.00 (Regular) $6.95 (Sale) 

Shop Review: "Round, velvety and mouthfilling, this is a satisfying Merlot at a bargain price. Aromas of black cherries and herbs fold in hints of cinnamon and mocha, while the flavors are generally fruity, but with a slightly tomatoey note. Soft on the finish. Drink now." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: I thought this wine definitely smelt and tasted like cherries and/or blackberries. This wine was very dry and tart, which is not something I am typically fond of. I also picked up some hints of dessert that I thought could be chocolate. I think that this wine would pair very well with a steak dinner. I do not think that this would be a wine that I will ever purchase for myself. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment