Friday, March 20, 2015

Tasting- Paul Laureano Tinto Classico


Name: Paul Laureano Tinto Classico
Variety: Trincadeira, Aragonez, Alfrocheiro
Region: Alentejano
Country: Portugal
Year: 2013
Price: $8.95

Shop Review: "Paulo Laureano’s Classico is a delicious blend of the native Portuguese varietals Trincadeira (40%), Aragonez (40%) and Alfrocheiro (20%). This is a full bodied red that reveals all that the terroir of Portugal has to offer. Light cigar tobacco and soft leather present beautifully on the nose. Dark, black fruits fill the mouth, but the wine flows smoothly over the palate, with a good bit of spice on the finish. Pair with spicy, cured meats and hard cheeses." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine to me was very blan. This wine was had both a very dry smell and taste to it. Overall, the flavors in this wine were very neutral. I really didn't think that there was anything extraordinary about this wine, so I wouldn't say that this was a stand out to me. I think that this wine might have been more of a manly drink compared to some of the other wines that I have tasted up to this point. The only flavor that I could really pull from this wine was that of a smooth leather. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment