Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting- Canyon Road Merlot


Name: Canyon Road Merlot

Variety: 100% Merlot
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $6.95

Shop Review: "With a soft and elegant mouthfeel, this wine has deep flavors of rich cherries and jammy blackberries, followed by hints of vanilla and spice. - Canyon Road Winery

**The Vintage Cellar ran out of a lot of the wines this week, so they gave us some different wines to taste. This is why I am using shop reviews from other sites.**

My Review: I thought that this wine tasted like some deep red cherries. When I was smelling this wine, I pulled out flavors of something like a blackberry jam. I found this wine to have a certain amount of spicy finish to it that made me think that this wine would pair well with a nice juicy steak for all of those steak-lovers out there. This wine was a tad bit dry for my liking. I do not think this would be a wine that I would purchase in the future. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment