Friday, March 20, 2015

Tasting- Mars & Venus Chardonnay


Name: Mars & Venus Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple.  Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine was again a very clear white. I could tell from the smell of this wine alone that this was going to be a very tart wine. I also smelt hints of lemon and citrus, but when I tasted it I got a bit of a raspberry kick at the end of it. Again, this wine was very clear, crisp, and tart to the taste. I don't think this wine will be in any of my future purchases. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment