Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Crane Lake Petite Sirah


Name: Crane Lake Petite Sirah
Variety: 100% Petite Syrah
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "Shows a certain rustic simplicity now, with youthfully jammy flavors of blackberries, cherries and currants, sprinkled with cocoa and pepper and wrapped into dusty tannins." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine also smelt like cherries, blackberries, and maybe plums to me. I thought this wine was pretty sweet for a red wine, and I actually kind of liked this wine. I was surprised to find myself enjoying a red wine since I haven't liked many of them thus far. I thought that this wine had the perfect spiciness to it that gave it a very smoothe finish.

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment