Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting- Black Opal Chardonnay


Name: Black Opal Chardonnay

Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: South Eastern
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $6.99

Shop Review: "Bright straw in color. Aromas of peach, melon and citrus develop into a crisp and delicious finish." - The Wine Buyer

**The Vintage Cellar ran out of a lot of the wines this week, so they gave us some different wines to taste. This is why I am using shop reviews from other sites.**

My Review: I was excited to taste this wine because it was one of the few white wines available for tastings this week. I think I enjoyed this wine more than I normally would have only because it gave me a nice break from the red wines. I tasted flavors of apple in this wine with some hints of something that might've been lime. I also got hints of white peaches or plums. This wine was tart and had a very strong finish to it. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment