Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tasting- Crane Lake Riesling


Name: Crane Lake Riesling
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "Punchy lime and lemon mark this off-dry Riesling with a staccato rhythm, adding edge to honeyed tones of peach and honeysuckle. Exceptionally priced, it’s satisfying and elegant." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine both smelt and tasted very sweet. I tasted bursts of fruity flavorings. These flavors ranged from peach to pineapples to melons to pears to apples. I tasted TONS of fruits in this wine, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. I would definitely purchase this wine in the future. I have noticed that I generally enjoy the sweeter white wines more than any other kinds of wines. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment