Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting- Pirovano Sangiovese Romagna


Name: Pirovano Sangiovese Romagna 

Variety: 100% Sangiovese Romagnolo 
Region: Abruzzo
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: "Fruity and floral on the nose and rich but not heavy on the palate.  Wonderful tropical fruit flavors are balanced by just a touch of French oak to round out the finish." - Vintage Cellar


My Review: This wine smelt like a blackberry jam to me. From the smell alone, I thought that I would like this wine, but I found my first instinct to be wrong. I actually found this wine to be kind of tart and it just wasn't to my liking. I do however, think that this wine would pair well with desserts. I did not taste any of the tropical fruit flavors that are mentioned in the shop review, but I did get a sense of the French oak. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment