Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tasting- Oracle Pinotage



Name: Oracle Pinotage
Variety: 100% Pinotage
Region: Not Listed
Country: South Africa
Year: 2014
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: "An unusual style of Pinotage with complex aromas of black pepper, smoke, tomato, and dark fruit. The palate is packed with ripe mixed berry flavors, making this unoaked red wine a real crowd-pleaser." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I have never tasted a Pinotage before, so I was excited to taste this wine. This wine had some very unique flavors and aromas that I haven't sensed in other wines so far. I was definitely able to taste some of the berries in this wine, but there was a certain spiciness about it that made the flavors so unique. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this wine wasn't extremely dry. I don't know if I would purchase this wine in the future, but I am glad that I got to experience the unique flavors of this wine. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment