Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting- Middle Sister Forever Cool



Name: Middle Sister Forever Cool

Variety: 94% Merlot 6% Malbec
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Shop Review: "This wine is from United States, California region. how was it made?Warm ferments (80F+) mixed frequently for color extraction and fruit characters.smells like......ripe summer berries with a touch of vanilla.tastes like......lush berries lead into a lingering cocoa powder finish.yummy with...Portobello mushroom burgers, grilled tuna, braised lamb shanks, aged jack cheese.. smells like......ripe summer berries with a touch of vanilla.tastes like......lush berries lead into a lingering cocoa powder finish.yummy with...Portobello mushroom burgers, grilled tuna, braised lamb shanks, aged jack cheese. MERLOT Wine." - Amazon's Wine Store

**The Vintage Cellar ran out of a lot of the wines this week, so they gave us some different wines to taste. This is why I am using shop reviews from other sites.**

My Review: This wine smelt like a strawberry rhubarb pie. It was very dry and very tart but it I definitely tasted some of the same flavors that I smelt. I also tasted some vanilla in this wine. Overall, I do not think that this is a wine that I would purchase for my own enjoyment, but I did enjoy the fruitier finish to this red wine. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment