Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tasting- Monte Degli Angeli Sangiovese



Name: Monte Degli Angeli Sangiovese
Variety: 100% Sangiovese
Region: Puglia
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95

Shop Review: "The aromas are rich and dark, with lots of black cherry and a hint of balsamic. In the mouth the wine is round and energetic, with cherry and black raspberry fruit complemented by hints of damp earth. If you like Sangiovese-based wines like Chianti or our best-selling Colsanto from Umbria, you'll love this! The wine is ripe, fresh, and fruit-driven with a wonderful dash of earthy complexity at the end. Buy it by the case and drink with pizza, grilled poultry, and pasta." - Vintage Cellar

My Review: I could smell hints of cherry and other deep red fruits right away. When tasting this wine, I could sense some hints of herbs and possibly a slight vanilla or dessert-like flavor. I also thought that this wine tasted a little bit smokey, and I got huge blasts of cherry. I didn't dislike this wine, but I don't think this would be one that I would purchase in the future. 

Food: I drank this wine at the Vintage Cellar tasting, so I was unable to pair any foods to this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment